Your new backyard deck should last for many years. And since there are a number of deck builders in Atlanta, it’s even more important to do your homework to select the best wood deck builder. Here are some specific ways you can ensure you choose right
FIRST, Do your Homework:
• Have an idea of the approximate space you want for your deck and location.
• Think about how you want to enjoy your new deck (eg: relaxing, dining, accommodating a BBQ, hot tub, hosting gatherings for friends/family, etc.).
• Jot down ideas you might already have including lighting, overhead pergola, privacy screen, stairs, materials, 1-2-or more stories, etc.
• Save images of decks you like from Google images, Pinterest, Houzz or other outdoor addition websites.
• Determine your budget for the project.
NEXT, Create a List of Preferred Contractors:
• You’ll want to get at least 3 estimates. Check online references (such as the BBB) and social media. You may belong to Angie’s List and find recommended deck builders there. Or, perhaps ask a neighbor for a referral through nextdoor.com
• If you receive a referral for a wood deck builder, ask the reference some or all of the following:
-Were you happy with your deck when it was finished?
-Did the deck contractor finish on time?
-Did you have any unexpected expenses you had to pay?
-Would you work with this deck company again?
THIRD, ask your potential wood deck builder some important questions: Having a list prepared will ensure you cover information about their company and how they conduct business. Here are a few questions to help get you started:
• How long have you been building decks? • Are you licensed and registered with the state?
• Do you have insurance? Can you provide me with a copy?
• Are you part of any professional contractor associations? Examples: NADRA, NARI, etc.
• Do you have any references of people I can contact?
• What type of warranty do you offer on your work?
• How long will it take you to complete the deck?
• Do you clean up at the end of every day?
• Will you have a supervisor on-site while work is being done?
• When could you start working on the project?
FINALLY, compare and select your choice: You should receive written estimates for your project. It’s always a good idea to have a written copy for your records and your own protection should any legal issues arise. The estimate should include a break down of material and labor costs. Think about the professionalism of your sales person (or designer) and whether you can easily work with them as they should be representing the company well (ie: good rapport). How well did they answer your questions? Did they offer several design options? Did you feel like they had a solid understanding of the processes the company followed to ensure a quality result? Once you’ve done your research, interviewed potential wood deck builders and had all your questions answered, you should feel quite confident when it’s time to make your final decision. For more information about wood deck builder visit our site. We are certain that Atlanta Decking & Fence will surpass all your expectations. Contact our wood deck builders today by calling 770-781-4641 to get started on your next project.