Written by: Angie Moss, Atlanta Decking Design Consultant
Our Pergola Builders Can Design a Perfect Pergola for Any Space
You may “WOW” the neighbors, but you’ll enjoy all the benefits when you add one of Atlanta Decking’s amazing pergola designs! It not only provides a gorgeous addition to your backyard, but also adds shelter and shade for inclement weather or excessive heat.
What is a Pergola?
A pergola is similar to an arbor or trellis in that it is an open air structure with a roof of open air girders and cross beams. Sometimes these beams may be used to allow creeping plants to grow on, such as wisteria (Wisteria frutescens) or a Virginia creeper (Parthenocissus). There are several options to choose from when it comes time to choose the right design for your living space. As expert pergola builders and designers, we offer extensive knowledge and experience choosing the right pergola design for your space.
While square and rectangular pergola designs are always popular, why not think outside the box and consider other shapes that will best fit your needs? The best pergola builders are flexible and can satisfy unique design needs. Here are some pergola designs to consider:
- Triangular pergola – Perfect to take full advantage of a deck or patio corner and provide shade for seating or while your favorite cook labors over those rib-eyes.
- Walkway pergola – Shade a favorite path and train flowering vines for added beauty and fragrance. Consider a tiered upper design for even more allure!
- Multiple angle pergola – An outdoor kitchen, pool with seating area or hot tub spa may need 2, 3 or more unique angles in a design for shade and beauty.
- Circular pergola – A great solution to complement garden bed lines and other landscape contours.
- Small pergola attached to the home – We build free-standing BBQ sheds on decks, but if you’re limited on space, an attached pergola over a BBQ is charming and functional.
A pergola is a simple yet beautiful addition to any living space. It can be freestanding or attached to a building. It can offer some protection from the sun while also having enough openness to allow for a breeze to come through. If you decide to use a freestanding structure with a climbing plant it can be a beautiful focal point to a backyard or garden. They also come in several different materials ranging from aluminum to wooden structures. Aluminum structures can provide a lasting design the will be resistant to the elements and also low maintenance. Wooden pergola designs offer a rustic focal point that accentuates a garden space or wooded yard.
Skilled Pergola Builders
While square and rectangular designs are common, skilled pergola builders can make customizations. We offer several different shapes to fit your unique space. Choosing the right shape is based on what you like and what will work best for your space. Our designers will help you pick the best pergola design for your unique space and needs. Consider how your space will look and if there are any unique features such as outdoor grills, outdoor kitchens, swimming pools, walkways or gardens.
With over 100 years of combined experience, our team of pergola builders will design the perfect pergola to make your neighbors say wow! Call us today for a free quote from one our design experts.
Want to create the PERFECT pergola to complement your residence? Just click here now.